Sophie Kerr Room
The Sophie Kerr Room, on the second floor of Miller Library, serves as the home of Miller Library’s Rare Book Collection. The room is also available for reservation by campus groups as a conference room or a space for special events including lectures, seminars, and readings.
Policy for the Use of the Sophie Kerr Room
The Sophie Kerr Room on the second floor of Miller Library serves as the home of Miller Library’s Rare Book Collection. The room is also available for reservation by campus groups as a conference room or a special events space for lectures, readings, or presentations. During the semester, this room is made available to the adjacent Office of Academic Skills as a training and tutoring space. Any campus group that would like to reserve the room for any of these purposes should contact Jennifer Nesbitt (email@example.com, x7292).
The following policies remain in place for the Fall of 2022:
- All users of the library must follow the College’s most recent Covid guidance around the wearing of masks.
- The second floor of Miller Library is a designated Quiet Study floor. Please be mindful of this while traveling through the second floor and while using the room.
- Capacity of the room is limited to 20 people at a time, to allow for safer social distancing.
- No food or drink is to be consumed or served in the space in order to protect our special collections. Individuals may bring in water in spill-proof containers.
- The room will NOT be available for use as weekly, reserved study space for student groups this semester.
- The room is not currently available for use as a classroom.
- Library personnel reserve the right to open the room for use as study space for students when demand is high (i.e., near the end of the semester or before exams) and the room is not reserved.
- The room will be cleaned and all surfaces sanitized daily by housekeeping staff. Additional surface cleaning wipes are available for use in between these daily cleanings. There is a hand sanitizer station in the hallway outside the room.